The fact is, right now you might be under the impression your home's current radon mitigation system is properly installed and working correctly. Have you had it serviced lately, a recent test done, and was the person/company who installed a certified and educated radon professional? If you answered no to any of those questions, please keep reading.
Below you'll find two separate examples of improper radon mitigation system installations, one in Madison and one in Maple Bluff, WI. Both are extremely dangerous and Wisconsin Radon Services repaired both. Take a look for your self...
Please click on any image below to view a larger display.
HERE'S A DETAILED LIST OF THE INSTALL ERRORS WE FOUND
Photos 1 and 2 exhaust below the eve/rain gutter. There are 2 opening windows within 10 feet allowing concentrated cancer causing gas back into the home.
Photos 3, 4, and 5 show an improperly installed electrical switch. The connector used is NOT approved for outdoor locations allowing water into the switch on and possibility of a shock. You can see in photo 4 that water has been leaking into the box.
Remaining photos show the system being vented between two windows well within 10 feet.
Not sure about your system? Take a look at the Wisconsin Radon Services LLC, WALL OF SHAME Photo Gallery for additional photos of incorrectly installed Radon Mitigation Systems.